All visitors to Australia must obtain a visa or Electronic Travel Authority in advance to be granted entry. This page lists important information you may need to know regarding your Australian visa application. Please review the following information carefully:
1. Visa Info – General information and the most commonly asked questions
2. Visa Requirements – Understand what is required for an ETA visa
3. Visa Eligibility – Check your eligibility to apply for an ETA Visa
4. Travel Information – Information related to travel an your ETA visa


You can apply for an electronic Australian ETA visa online, if:

  • You are from an ETA eligible country
  • You are outside of Australia at the time of applying;
  • Your visit to Australia is either for tourism, visiting friends or relatives, or short-term business needs;


  • You must have had no major criminal convictions, in which you served more than 1 year in jail;
  • You must be free of tuberculosis at the time of travel into, and within, Australia;
  • You must not work while in Australia;
  • Your passport must be valid for 6 months from the day you enter Australia.










Hong Kong (SAR of China)













South Korea




The Netherlands

UK—British Citizen

United States

Vatican City

If your nationality is not listed, you will need to contact an Australian embassy or the Department of Immigration to obtain your visa. *British protected persons, British subjects, and British overseas citizens should apply for a subclass 600 visa, and are not eligible for an ETA at this time.

Conditions of an ETA are:

  • You can enter Australia as many times as you want during a 12 month period from the date the ETA is granted or until the expiry date of your passport, whichever is earlier.
  • You can stay in Australia for a maximum of three months on each visit.
  • You must not work while in Australia. You can undertake business visitor activities (undertaking of business enquiries and contractual negotiations, and attending conferences).
  • You must not study for more than three months.
  • You must be free from tuberculosis.
  • You must not have any criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not the sentence/s were served.

You can apply for an ETA if you are traveling to Australia as a tourist, or for business purposes.

Tourist activities include holidays, recreation or seeing family and friends. Business visitor activities include:

  • making general business or employment enquiries
  • investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
  • activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
  • participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation.

Business activities do not include short-term work. If you want to work in Australia, you can apply for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (Subclass 400).

To apply for an ETA online you must be outside Australia and intend to visit for tourism or business visitor activities. You must have your passport, email address and a credit / debit card to complete the online application. The details you provide in your online ETA application need to be exactly the same as they appear in your passport and you must use the same passport that is linked to your online ETA application when you travel. Anyone who arrives in Australia without a valid travel document, visa or authority can be refused entry to or delayed until their identity and claims to enter Australia have been confirmed.

Verify Status of Existing Electronic Travel Visa

If you are not sure if you have an existing Australian Electronic Travel Visa, we are able to verify within 1 hour's time.

Check Visa Status

Australian Tourist Visa

Valid for leisure / tourism related travel
Valid for maximum 90 day visits to Australia
Multiple entry allowed (12 month validity)
24hr Turnaround on all applications
NOT valid for paid employment or extended study

Apply Today

Australian Business Visa

Valid for Business / Meeting / Conference travel
Valid for maximum 90 day visits to Australia
Multiple entry allowed (12 month validity)
24hr Turnaround on all applications
NOT valid for paid employment or extended study

Apply Today


What is an electronic ETA Visa?

An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) provides authorization to travel to and enter Australia and is electronically linked to your passport. It is for short term stays for tourism or business visitor activities. Business visitor activities do not include work. If you want to do short-term, highly specialized, non-ongoing work in Australia, you can apply for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (Subclass 400) .

When should you apply for an Australian Visa?

You should apply no later than 24 hours in advance of your departure. On occasion, some people are not approved to enter Australia and they must contact an Australian embassy.

Which Visa do you need for Australia?

The visa you need to visit Australia depends on your travel purpose, how long you intend visiting the country and whether you plan on working. If you plan on working in the country, then you will need to either contact an Australian embassy or an agency that specifically handles work visas. If you are visiting Australia for tourism, and your trip is 3 months or less, you may apply for a tourist subclass 601 visa (ETA) . If you intend on visiting for basic non-working business needs then you are required to purchase a business subclass 601 visa (ETA) . Both visas are available online through

Do I need an Australian Visa (ETA)?

An ETA is required for people who want to visit Australia for tourism or business purposes. Many nationalities are eligible for this electronic visa. Please see our list of ETA nationalities on the ‘ ETA Eligible Countries ’ tab on this page. Should your nationality not be listed, you will need to contact your nearest Australian embassy or the Australian Department of Immigration for alternate visa options.

How much is an Australian ETA Visa?

Tourist Visa (ETA 601-T): $20 USD (or your currency equivalent).
Business Visa (ETA 601-B): $20 USD (or your currency equivalent).
• Expedited Processing 2 hour: $30 USD per applicant

***No taxes, fees, or surcharges apply.

How long does Visa processing take?

Visas are typically processed and approved within a few hours. This is dependent on your time zone and the time of day the application is submitted, it can take up to a maximum 24 hours. Expedited processing is available for a surcharge of $10 USD per applicant, you will receive an answer in under 2 hours.

Apply Now